Friday, 7 September 2012
We made this nummy cake using carrots that the kids planted in the garden. That makes is extra special and yummy.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped wwalnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a big 9 by 13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add the sugar, oil, eggs, mix well for 1 minute. Stif in carrots, pineapple, and walnuts. Pour batter in the prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. When cool, frost with your favourite cream cheese icing.
(hint: I line the cake pan with baking paper so that when you lift the cake out of the pan, it doesn't break into a million pieces.
Here's Terry really enjoying his cake. And being a bit of a ham.
And here's the serious photo.
And of course, the cake is also kid tested and approved!