I finally got up the nerve to sew Lane's curtains.
I know... I know... I've had the fabric for them since last summer.
I just couldn't get enough courage to cut into it.
But I finally took a deep breathe, thought good thoughts and felt a certain curtains sewing vibe yesterday. I cut it up and voila! New curtains :D
You may remember that I bought this cute strawberry fabric to make these curtains. The accent is a white on red damask pattern.
Here is Lane pretending to wake up on a bright sunny morning in her big girl bed with her cool new curtains.
I attached the valance right to the curtains and used those handy snap on grommet to thread the curtain onto the rod. I actually got the grommets from the thrift store - brand new in package for $1.99!
I apologize for the miserable photos. I still have no idea how to photograph in front of a bright window.
We really need to paint Lane's walls a brighter colour. That beige is so boring and awful for a little girl. That is on my list to do this summer!
I bought the tie backs with all the assembly tools at the fabric store for $2.50 and then just sewed the red fabric accent right onto them to make them match the curtains.
I have plans to take that change table that you see in front of the window in some of the photos and turn it into a dresser. I'll put white baskets lined with the curtains fabric into the bottom two shelves for drawers and use the top shelf for a lamp.
And these curtains let in just enough light so that it can be dark in there during the day when they are shut. Nice! I was worried about that and didn't really want to make a lining for them. The fabric is already thick enough as it is.
I'm pretty pleased with them. And Lane loves them which is what really matters.
Sharing this project with:
The More The Merrier Monday - DIY Home Sweet Home
Sugar and Spice - Seven Thirty Three