Friday, 9 September 2011
Terry and I love spinach dip.
It's a little too spicy for the kids, so we save it for our Saturday evening snack.
It goes lovely with beer. :)
I won't tell you how many tries it took to get the recipe just the way I like it (*cough* six *cough*)
Ingredients: (all ingredients are subject to taste. Add as much or as little as you like.)
- two packages of cream cheese (works best at room temperature)
- one package of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Frozen spinach (1 cup or so)
- one can of artichoke hearts
- one small can of green chiles
- half a small can of sliced jalapenos
- half a cup of sour cream
- half a cup of mayonnaise
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F
- let the cream cheese sit out for an hour or so to get it to room temperature.
- drain and finely chop the artichoke hearts
- defrost the spinach (or rinse it under water), squeeze excess water out of it. Finely chop that as well.
- finely chop the jalapenos while you're at it
- combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well
- Place mixture in baking dish and bake for about 30 - 35 minutes until top is bubbly and slightly browned
Serve with your favourite dipping food like tortillas, pita bread etc.
I always divide this dip into four and freeze three of them. It's expensive to make, so we like it to last a long time. About a quarter of this dip is all we can handle together on a Saturday night. Yum!
It freezes very well though and is ready for us to take out and heat up the next time we have a craving. :D
It's also a great crowd pleaser, so make up a batch and bring it to work or your next party. Delicious.
Sharing this yummy recipe with:
Tickled Pink - 504 Main