Friday, 15 July 2011
Terry and I have been working hard to make good, nutritious food for our family. That means no more Hamburger Helper when we can make the same thing from scratch with less salt and processing.
Beef Stroganoff is one of our favourites.
- Ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 package of egg noodles (or pasta of your choice)
1. Break up ground beef into a large skillet. Add onion, mushrooms, garlic powder, mustard powder. Cook and stir over medium heat until the meat is browned and the onion is tender. Drain excess grease.
2. In a small bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and beef broth. Stir into the beef mixture and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
3. While your mixture is cooking, boil pasta until done. You can either serve the beef mixture over the pasta, or combine the both for easy serving like I do :D
Yum! Quick and easy. This recipe can be completed in about a half hour.
And it's something that Logan will actually eat! Lane still has an aversion to meat, but she'll gladly eat the noodles.
Sharing this delicious recipe with:
Tickled Pink - 504 Main