Another week, another set of pretty skirts and dresses to show you. I made it through another week without cheating! And I actually accessorized one of those days. Can you believe it?
I'm getting a little more comfortable with taking pictures of myself everyday, but I'm still not liking it that much. It's all in the name of fun though! You readers won't judge my messy play room or lack of weight loss plan with you?
- an old maternity top that I snipped that straps off of and turned into a skirt,
- a black summer top from Thyme Maternity.
It was a bright, shiny, awesome Friday (as you can see from the sun shining on my feet in the photo). I took the kids touring around to the library, all the way to Mickey D's and then walked home with a stop at the park for good measure. I wore:
- yellow sundress, thrifted
- my good ole training pants underneath because we walked and walked that day
And I even accessorized a little!
The starfish necklace was given to me by my mother-in-law after her trip to Halifax.
(also - check out how awesome my scar is healing. :D)
This past Saturday was beach day! So naturally I wore:
- my brown bathing suit, from the bathing suit place in the mall
- brown sundress, handmade
I was tired from my day at the beach, so Sunday was a lazy day. I wore:
- my pink towel dress, Winners
- a white tank top underneath, Thyme Maternity
Don't you love how Logan sneaked himself into this picture? Lane is also in the background. That's what I get for putting the mirror on the back of their playroom door.
Monday was rainy and gloomy. I opted for:
- a long dress, $15 at the mall
The kids have some sort of odd attachment to this particular dress. I have no idea why, but they love it so much. So expect this one to be repeated several times during this summer of no pants.
We had a pile of errands to run to get ready for our family time. I had an eye appointment and a pile of laundry to catch up on. I wore:
- easy purple ruffle skirt, handmade
- beige tank top, thrifted
Lessons I've learned during this week of the summer of no pants:
- I still wear too many maternity items, but I'm cutting them down :D
- Trying to accessorize when you have small children means you have to have a strong neck for all the pulling of the necklaces and a tough chain on that necklace
- Sometime you just want to wear runners. Maybe I need to invest in some of those walking sandals? Would they go OK with dresses?
- gardening in a skirt presents all sorts of odd challenges
Onto Week 3!
I hope you are enjoying my Girlie Girl summer posts. If you are getting tired of looking at my terrible photos, let me know, I won't be offended. If you are enjoying these silly frumpy mommy fashion posts, let me know as well. I've been getting mostly positive feedback for my little adventure into skirts and dresses, but I'm never sure and can always improve my posts to make them more entertaining etc. Send me your suggestions if you have any :)