I did it! I wore a skirt or a dress every single day this past week!
Here's the rundown in case you don't believe me.
This was Logan's last day of school. I wore:
- camel coloured skirt, handmade
- macrame shoes, bought on Etsy
- Goomba tank top, Old Navy tank with hand done Goomba embellishment
And look I bought a full length mirror. I have a love hate relationship with this poor mirror already. I love that I don't have to rely on Terry to take my photos every day. I look like hell by the end of the day when he gets home. But I'm still way out of my comfort zone by having photos taken of myself every single day.
I spent most of the day outside with the kids on this Friday. I wore:
- Blue skirt, handmade
- Black Tank, it's so old that I honestly have no idea where I got it
- I wore shorts underneath this one, yoga shorts from La Senza
Look me on this Saturday! I look almost thin :D I wore:
- green Digg It skirt, handmade out of t-shirt (tutorial coming soon)
- Green Heart Tank, bought at the Heart concert 2007
We went to the Red River Ex on this Father's Day. I wore:
- purple pansies skirt, handmade
- purple tank, from Ricky's 2007
Back to the grind Monday. I cheated the most on this day by wearing a "dress" which I would never wear without shorts underneath. I usually wear this one like a top, but it counts! I wore:
- red sweater dress, Mariposa (about 15 years ago!)
- Black shorts underneath, Sport Check (also about 15 years ago!)
I decided to get back into the groove of not cheating and not wearing shorts underneath my skirt on this Tuesday. I wore:
- black Chimaira Tank, bought at Sounds of the Underground in Saskatoon circa 2005
- Brown corduroy skirt, Thyme Maternity
And Day Seven:
It was raining yesterday when I wore this. Hence the awful socks. I had to wear running shoes to keep up with the kids at the Dollar Store. I wore:
- red maternity top, given to me by my aunt
- black maternity skirt, Thyme Maternity
So, what have I learned this first week of the Summer of No Pants?
1) I haven't worn skirts in so long that I actually had some serious chafing the first day. I mean serious... I almost quit... owey! Shorts underneath my skirt while walking in the hot sun and playing with the kids is a must! Terry calls them my training shorts. I guess he's correct. I do need to train my body to wear a skirt again.
2) I wear way too many maternity items! Gah! I'll let you in on a little secret even though it isn't Saturday - I am actually larger in weight now than I was when I was at the height of both pregnancies. Bleh... I know... Some of my maternity clothes have been retired out of my closet because they are too small. Sad... need to fix this. I hope by the end of summer I'll have most of my maternity clothes gone out of my wardrobe. Except for that brown corduroy skirt (pictured above). I love that skirt so much!
Wish me luck for week two!