I like to keep my family in fresh baked goodies at all times if possible. In the wintertime it's pretty easy to do some baking twice a week. I usually pick Monday and Friday because those are the days that Logan doesn't have school and he likes to help me measure. :)
I've been doing a lot of baking for several years now (I think I started baking up a storm when I was pregnant with Logan!) So I've come to realize which are favourites.
These Oatmeal Craisin/Raisin Cookies are certainly a fave! :D
Terry takes them to work and he's always sure to pack a few extra for his moochers... ahem... coworkers. They've even asked him for the recipe.
Want to make some?
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries/Craisins
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 Degrees C)
- Beat together in large mixing bowl the butter, eggs, sugars and vanilla with electric mixer
- In another bowl combine the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to your butter mixture in quarters. You should have a stiff dough
- Mix in Raisins and Craisins
- Drop dough by the spoonful onto greased baking sheets
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 11-13 minutes
Makes about 3 dozen.
And watch the kids (and husband) eat 'em up!
Do you have a favourite cookie recipe that you want to share. Link me in the comments! :D I'm always on the look out for new, fabulous recipes.