Thursday, June 24, 2010
I finished the top of my wedding dress a few days ago, and have yet to blog about it. ACK!
Actually, it isn't that I forgot and didn't want to, it was just that I really thought about saving it until I finished the skirt and then I would post the entire dress in one post.
But I know a lot of my readers are following along on this "sewing my own wedding dress" journey and want to know every detail.
So here it is!
I know I said that I was going to make the corset looking prototype from this post. But I changed my mind and went with the original Asian-inspired one from this post instead. I made it out of lightweight cotton eyelet to minimize the heat factor. And the design on the fabric matches really nicely with the brocade that I'm making the skirt out of. And it was really the design I liked best.
I used the buttons that I ordered from China (and posted about here) as closures. I have three more handmade buttons that I'll most likely attach to each of my bridesmaids outfits.
I have yet to hem this top. I still haven't decided what length I want it, so I'll wait until the skirt is finished. So the bias will get to hang for a really long time hehee :)
Here's a closer shot of the buttons. I won't photograph myself in this top until the wedding. Since I've lived with Terry for the past 9 years, I can't say it's bad luck for him to see the wedding dress before the wedding, but I can say that it's bad luck for him to photograph me in it before the wedding! :P